Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring is here...well lets hope so!

Finally it seems that spring has arrived. The snow has finally gone and the birds are busy and cheerfully chirping. We experienced a wonderful freak blizzard last week and even though it was very beautiful, heavy clump like snowflakes, we were ready to be done with winter. Who can blame me when I see wonderful spring pictures on many of the blogs I adore. We are probably one of the last places to get spring (we are in the prairie region of Canada).

Easter came and went and we celebrated with an egg hunt for Liv and decorating easter eggs. I am so happy she is now the age when we can start doing craft oriented projects. She was totally into dipping the eggs in the colored water and seeing them change colors. Auntie Lindsay was a great assistant with both the egg hunt and the egg decorating. There was also lots of chocolate which is Liv's favorite...but now we need to get back on the healthy track.

I sense that our days will be filled with time outdoors, and seeing spring come into full bloom. I see tulips starting to sprout from the bare dirt and hope that the trees will start to sprout green.

No comments: